Grit & Growth
Paul Schumacher and Schumacher Homes
Grit & Growth Comic Book
Grit & Growth tells the story of Paul Schumacher, founder and owner of the largest on-your-lot custom homebuilder, Schumacher Homes. It tells how he:
- Returned to Canton, Ohio after college to work
- Came up with the idea for his entrepreneurial business
- Started his company on a shoestring budget
- Improved and grew the business
- Managed through the crisis of the Great Recession
- And, grew out of the recession as a better company.
At 8 pages and 16 total panels, plus 2 pages of end notes for additional depth in certain topics, the comic book takes 5 minutes to read. With the printed version of the comic book, Braun Ink prints and sends the collated, full-color comic book to you via mail.
Special pandemic pricing available for educators—contact email@example.com.
Introductory undergraduate classes in:
- Operations Management
- Entrepreneurship through bootstrapping
- Market need for a business, differentiating a business
- Developing streamlined operations
- Leading through times of crisis
- Actively Notice the actions, behaviors, sentiments, and decisions of a business leader.
- Discover how one entrepreneur came up with his main idea
- Learn how a business leader matched marketing strategy and business operations, including supply chain, to the main market idea
- Learn how an executive managed through crisis.
The Teaching Pack Includes:
8 pages, 16 panels, 2 pages of end notes for additional depth in certain topics, the comic book takes 5 minutes to read. It comes as a PDF that looks great on mobile phone and computer screens alike.
Same as the E-Comic Book but Braun Ink prints and sends the collated, full-color comic book to you via mail.
Includes suggestions on structuring the homework assignment and class session as well as a “how-to” for using comic book memoirs and biographies in the business classroom.
Live Video Visit*
A live video conference connects you directly with the executive in real time. Educators and students can discuss the executive’s experience and the comic book with the executive.
*Only Available with the “Teaching Pack with Video Visit.”
Free Evaluation Copy
We’re eager for educators to use our materials in their classes! If you would like a free evaluation copy of any of out products, please fill out the Evaluation Copy form.